- Computer Recording
- Audio Interfaces
- Antelope Audio Orion 32+ - The world's first 32-channel AD/DA converter
Antelope Audio - Orion 32+
The Antelope Audio Orion 32 brings extreme quality and flexibility to your recording rig. Outfitted with Antelope's acclaimed Acoustically Focused Clocking and special high-speed USB connection, the Orion 32 delivers 32 channels of pristine digital audio to and from your computer. There are 32 channels of analog I/O plus comprehensive digital I/O for total setup flexibility, and you can control it all via a powerful onboard routing and mixing engine. You'll be amazed at what you can do with your Antelope Audio Orion 32.
Versatile audio interface for any recording studio
Whether it's a bare-bones location recording rig or a complex multimedia production house, an Antelope Audio Orion 32 is the perfect centerpiece for your recording rig. In addition to MADI I/O, the Orion 32 offers a very special kind of USB connectivity. Dissatisfied with off-the-shelf options, Antelope built their own high-speed USB chip that's capable of delivering 32 channels of pristine 192kHz I/O. And with 32 channels of analog I/O plus 16 channels of ADAT optical I/O and two channels of S/PDIF, the Orion 32 is one fully equipped audio interface.
Flexible control software for total routing freedom
You'll find routing signals in the Antelope Audio Orion 32 to be incredibly easy, thanks to its brilliant desktop control software. Compatible with both Mac and Windows PCs, this ingenious software lets you quickly establish even the most complex routing schemes with ease. On top of that, this software also gives you onboard mixing control, allowing you to set up zero-latency monitoring feeds and headphone mixes. Antelope also outfitted the Orion 32 with five preset buttons, which let you instantly store and recall your favorite settings.
The ideal interface for your mobile production rig
At just one rack space tall, the Antelope Audio Orion 32 packs a ton of functionality into a small amount of space. It also runs cool enough to not require venting, which means it really won't take up more than a single rack space. That makes the Orion 32 ideal for mobile recording rigs and cramped setups. But it gets even better. Antelope also built the Orion 32 to be totally Core Audio compliant, allowing you to record the maximum 24 tracks at once on your iPad. Talk about portable recording power!
MADI daisy-chaining for high-channel-count setups
Need more high-quality I/O? No problem. You can easily link two Orion 32 converters together via MADI for a complete 64-channel system that will knock your socks off. You just need two Antelope Audio Orion 32s, a couple of MADI cables, and a MADI interface. Setting the whole system up is super easy, thanks to the included configuration software, and the results are absolutely astonishing.
Antelope Audio Orion 32 Features:
- A compact 32-channel AD/DA converter and audio interface that's perfect for your studio, mobile rig, or full-scale media production house
- Clocking controlled by Antelope's renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) with M10 Atomic input and oven-controlled crystal oscillator
- User-friendly onboard routing and zero-latency mixing control application available for both Windows and Mac OS X
- Conveys up to 32 channels of 192kHz digital audio to and from your computer via a custom USB chip
- Delivers up to 32 channels of up to 96kHz digital audio via fiber-optic MADI I/O connections
- Core Audio compliance provides up to 24 channels of recording to your iPad (requires Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- MADI daisy-chaining lets you combine 2 Orion 32s for 64-channel systems
- All analog connections are simplified thanks to 8 standard 25-pin D-sub connectors
- 4 ADAT optical connections provide you with an additional 16 channels of digital I/O
- 2 channels of S/PDIF digital I/O for additional outboard gear
- 4 word clock outputs and 1 word clock input give you handy master clock distribution
- 5 presets add fast and easy recall of your favorite setups
- 1U chassis takes up minimal space in your equipment rack
- 15-watt power consumption generates virtually no heat
For full specifications see the Antelope website: