- Shop by Brand
- Antelope Audio
- Antelope Audio Verge - Small Diaphragm Modeling Microphone for Antelope Interfaces
Antelope Audio Verge - Small Diaphragm Modeling Microphone for Antelope Interfaces
A Closet Full of Classic Instrument Mics
How'd you like a premium bundle of instrument mics? Who wouldn't? Unfortunately, that could possibly be cost prohibitive. That's why you need an Antelope Audio Verge. With this microphone and an Antelope Discrete audio interface, you can attain a wide range of classic sounds without breaking the bank. Best of all, you can combine Verge with your Discrete's built-in Accusonic modeling, adding a wide range of mic/preamp combinations to your tonal arsenal. You can also employ your FPGA-equipped interface's spot-on emulations of vintage compressors and EQs to create a world-class channel strip. Even without modeling, Verge is a great, clean-sounding small-diaphragm condenser that's sure to bring out the best in your recordings.
An array of vintage mics at your fingertips
Plug Verge into one of your Discrete audio interface's preamps, and it transforms into any one of several vintage tube, transformer, and FET-based microphones. Antelope's Accusonic modeling offers brilliant re-creations of these mics and gives you complete control over proximity effect, positional axis, and polar patterns. You can even blend two different mic signals at once! Supply your musician with a killer vocal chain using your interface's FPGA FX to patch in vintage compressors and EQs. You can capture sources with or without modeling, then add and tweak your mic's sound in your DAW later via Antelope's AFX2DAW plug-in.
A great-sounding mic in its own right
It's easy to get distracted by verge bells and whistles, but at the end of the day, it's simply a great-sounding mic. It features a dual-capsule condenser design with the electrical lead attached to the edge of its diaphragm, instead of its center. Many coveted vintage microphones use this design, due to its smooth and natural-sounding response. An included cable splits Edge's signal into two outputs, which are matched and calibrated for your Discrete interface's preamps.
Antelope Audio Verge Features:
- Small-diaphragm modeling microphone for Antelope's Discrete audio interfaces
- Works in concert with your Discrete interface's built-in Accusonic modeling to emulate several classic microphones
- Combines with your FPGA-equipped interface's comp and EQ emulations to form a killer channel strip
- Gives you complete control over proximity effect, positional axis, and polar patterns
- Blend two different mic signals to create interesting multi-miked sounds
- Capture sources with or without modeling, then add and tweak your mic's sound in your DAW later via Antelope's AFX2DAW plug-in (supports AAX, VST, and AU formats)
STL Pro Audio is an authorized Antelope dealer. Products ship with full manufactures warranty.
Customers also viewed
MOTU 896mk3 FireWire/USB2 audio interface 8 mic/guitar inputs with on-board effects and mixing, 192kHz$1,899.00