- Ribbon Microphones
- Cascade - VIN-JET Long Ribbon Microphones with Lundahl Upgrade - Matched Pair
Cascade - VIN-JET Long Ribbon Microphones with Lundahl Upgrade - Matched Pair
Matched Pair Cascade VIN-JET Microphones + Lundahl Upgrade
Please allow 10-14 days for delivery
The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16” long ribbon of aluminum suspended in the field of a pair of Neodymium rare earth permanent magnets. When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon. This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and vocals.
Neodymium rare earth permanent magnet is a new kind of magnetic material developed in the 1980s with excellent magnetic characteristics in terms of a high-energy product, high coercive force etc. It is the strongest and most powerful magnetic material up to now and regarded as The King of Magnet
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -54.8 dB (1.8 mV/Pa)
- Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
- Fast, accurate transient response
- Wide, extended sweet spots
- 135dB SPL capability
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Size: 2 1/8" (O.D. grill), 2" (O.D. body); Overall length 8 3/8"
- VIN-JET Long Ribbon Microphone
- Aluminum case
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Thick vinyl storage pouch
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report
See Cascade website for more info: HERE
STL Pro Audio is the exclusive NZ importer/distributor for Cascade Microphones buy direct and save with STL!
Here's our latest demonstration video filmed and recorded at our brand new studio & showoroom: www.thearmoury.co.nz In this video we're comparing 2 models from Cascade Microphones. The Fathead I and the Vin-Jet with Landahl upgrades against the well known classic studio ribbon by STC (Coles) the 4038. The pair we had for this video had been recently re-ribboned. So it's as fair as we can make it. You will need to turn this up, there is NO compression or 2 buss limiting. As you'll see the results are very amazing. We weren't expecting the results, all we can say is we have both models by Cascade in stock here: www.stlproaudio.co.nz All microphones are volume matched at the preamp. Recorded at 48khz/32bit in Pro Tools 12HDX, via Lynx Aurora's. You can also email us to join our drop box and download the session/files and listen for yourself: firstname.lastname@example.org Filmed, Edited, Recorded & Mixed by Troy Kelly (TKO) Thanks to Jacob Randal for his performance. Thanks for watching another STL Audio video demo.
STL Audio - Ov...Here's our latest demonstration video filmed and recorded at o...
Cascade Ribbon...Here's our latest demonstration video filmed and recorded at o...
Customers also viewed