Don't forget all STL Pro Audio products include Free Shipping Nationwide in NZ!
Dangerous Music: COMPRESSOR
2-channel Compressor with Auto Attack/Release, Smart Dyn Dual-slope Detection, and Active Sidechain Send/Return Circuitry
Please allow 10-14 days delivery.
Mastering-grade Compression for Your Studio
The Dangerous Music Compressor is a mastering-grade unit that gives you a fistful of control over your signal. Like all Chris Muth designs, the Compressor is packed with cutting-edge engineering, premium components, and genuinely useful features like Auto Attack/Release, Smart Dyn dual-slope detection, and the True Stereo Dual Detector that delivers superior imaging. The Compressor sports active sidechain send/return circuitry, which gives you exacting control, with no loading or impedance issues. The Compressor is audiophile-clean and pristine - even with 20dB of gain reduction. The Dangerous Music Compressor - it's essential kit.
Dangerous Music Compressor at a Glance:
- Active sidechain: your secret weapon for achieving pro results
- Cool features that take the guesswork out of dynamics control
- Dangerous Music: mastering-grade hardware for the modern hybrid studio
Active sidechain: your secret weapon for achieving pro results
It's no secret that sidechaining is your key to achieving amazing results with a compressor. The passive sidechain of most compressors, however, leaves something to be desired. In true Dangerous fashion, the Compressor gives you a better solution: active sidechain send/return circuitry that gives you tons of control, with no loading or impedance issues. You also get a sidechain monitor that lets you monitor the signal, as well as Sibilance Boost - which shaves shrillness with no post-compression hangover, and a 60Hz Bass Cut that tightens your track without damaging your low end.
Cool features that take the guesswork out of dynamics control
The Dangerous Compressor is packed with smart features that let you get great results, quickly. One of these is Auto Attack/Release, which intelligently sets - you guessed it - the attack and release of the compressor. And the algorithms employed here do this far better than you could yourself by relying on guesswork enlightened by years of professional experience. Another cool feature is Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection, which automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average. And then there's the True Stereo Dual Detector that preserves your stereo image far better than traditional linking ever could. The proof of all this is in the high-quality, pro results - and how quickly you can achieve them. Looks like Dangerous Music has another winner on their hands with their Compressor.
Dangerous Music: mastering-grade hardware for the modern hybrid studio
Dangerous Music's product designer Chris Muth spent years designing custom equipment for many of the world's top mastering engineers and facilities. These professionals demand both a mastering-grade audio path and an intuitive feature set, and this became the baseline for all Dangerous Music designs. The mission: to provide innovative hardware that solves the problems of the DAW-based hybrid studio.
Dangerous Music Compressor Features:
- Amazingly powerful and easy to use
- Auto Attack/Release eliminates the guesswork
- Audiophile-clean: performs like an automated fader
- Active sidechain send/return circuitry gives you tons of control, with no loading or impedance issues
- Sidechain monitor lets you monitor your sidechain signal, plus Sibilance Boost and Bass Cut
- Sibilance Boost shaves sibilance and shrillness with no post-compression hangover
- Bass Cut (60Hz) tightens the track without sacrificing the low end
- Immaculate VCA: virtually no distortion, even with 20dB of gain reduction
- True Stereo Dual Detector preserves your stereo image better than traditional linking
- Auto Attack/Release: replace "guess" with "yes" for rapid-fire results
- Smart Dyn Dual Slope Detection automatically limits peaks while stealthily compressing the average
This product ships with full manufactures 12 month warranty.
Please see the Dangerous website for full details HERE.
The dangerous compressor, back and forth on the knobs, quick sound demo, on this powerful compressor. Listening in the master, being able to control dynamics, and not hear this control, is one of the most technical used tricks on the planet.. How do you stack up
Dangerous comp...The dangerous compressor, back and forth on the knobs, quick s...
Mastering Engi...Jonathan Wyner of M-Works Mastering describes how and why he t...
Dangerous Comp...0:38 - Arranging the song 1:11 - Fab's explanation of the setu...