LYD 5 - The LYD 5 is the redefinition of nearfield, compact monitors.
100-watt Nearfield Monitor with 5" Driver, Soft-dome Tweeter, Position Switch, Sound Balance Selector, Bass Extension Selector, Sensitivity Switch, and 50Hz-22kHz Frequency Response
Pro Monitoring for the Home Studio
Monitoring in an untreated environment is never ideal. But the Dynaudio LYD series is making clean sound for the home or project studio a reality. Dual 50-watt power amps feed a powerful 5" driver and smooth soft-dome tweeter for accurate sound reproduction. And three switches make it quick to find your room's best sound. First, a Position switch filters out reflective interference when placed within 20" of a wall. Next, a Sound Balance selector increases or reduces brightness depending on your room's character - great for moving between rooms with treated and bare walls. And finally, a three-way Bass Extension switch gives you control of your Dynaudio LYD-5's low end in 10Hz increments.
Dynaudio LYD-5 Nearfield Monitor at a Glance:
- Pairs well with nearly any room
- Neutral, uncolored sound reproduction for real-world monitoring
Dynaudio LYD studio monitors bring out the best in your room. Whether you mix in a small carpeted bedroom or a large open garage, each monitor has tuning switches to gently compensate for your environment without skewing its neutral response.
Neutral, uncolored sound reproduction for real-world monitoring
Sweetwater knows many of our customers mix after hours. Fortunately, good dynamic handling and an uncolored sound keep the Dynaudio LYD series from fatiguing your ears as the night rolls on. This will keep your ideas fresh and the creativity flowing for mix decisions you won't regret in the morning.
Dynaudio LYD-5 Nearfield Monitor Features:
- Pro sound for the home or project studio
- Sounds the same at all volume levels
- 5" woofer with low-mass aluminum voice coil responds fast and accurately
- Coated fabric dome tweeter exhibits a natural top end
- Tweeter tripod prevents accidental damage
- Dual 50-watt Class D amplifiers are light and loud
- Position switch filters out wall interference - great for small rooms
- Sound Balance selector caters to your mix environment with phase-free Neutral, Bright, and Dark filters
- Bass Extension selector controls low-frequency energy with 0Hz, +10Hz, and -10Hz switches
- 3-way sensitivity switch in 6dB increments
- XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs
- Monitors sold individually
The LYD 5 is our premium small-format near-field monitor. With its low volume precision, LYD is the perfect fit for smaller setups and home studios. LYD uses lightweight aluminium wire and voice coils in its handmade drive units, along with a state-of-the-art Class-D amplifier with a 96 kHz / 24bit signal path and DSP used just right to provide outstanding performance.
The aluminium voice coil and wire are low mass so its transient response is quick and accurate. To ensure the ideal mix between stiffness, weight, and dampening for unrivalled accuracy, we mould the diaphragm and dust cap in one piece with our proprietary Magnesium Silicate Polymer.
STL Pro Audio is extremely proud to be an authorized reseller for Dynaudio.