- Computer Recording
- Audio Interfaces
- MOTU 1248 32x34 ThunderboltTM/USB2/AVB Ethernet audio interface with DSP
STL Pro Audio is very proud to announce that we are now the exclusive distributor for MOTU in New Zealand! This means better pricing, support, demos and stock in NZ. Please contact with any questions about MOTU or finding the right model for you. Call (04) 8015602 or email email@example.com
MOTU 1248 32x34 Thunderbolt / USB 2.0 Audio Interface with AVB
32-in/34-out Hybrid Thunderbolt/USB 2.0/iOS Audio Interface with 4 Mic Pres, 2 DI, 8 x 12 Line-level I/O, ADAT and S/PDIF Digital I/O, AVB Ethernet - Compatibility, and 48-channel DSP Mixer Onboard with Processing and Effects - Mac/PC
Base Your Rig Around This Flexible Interface!
There are tons of cool ways to use the MOTU 1248 hybrid audio interface, ranging from modest one-room studios to multi-room production houses or full-blown live-sound applications. However you put your 1248 to work, we're sure you'll appreciate its exquisite sound quality and extremely flexible I/O. In all, you get 32 inputs and 34 outputs, including a flexible 8 x 12 analog section. Four stellar MOTU preamps provide clean and clear amplification, and extremely high-speed Thunderbolt connectivity makes latency a total nonissue. Onboard the 1248 you'll find a powerful DSP mixer complete with effects, EQ, and dynamics. MOTU AVB Ethernet lets you network multiple interfaces to your 1248, and advanced capabilities even let you use it as a standalone, iPad-controlled digital mixer.
Classic MOTU audio quality with the shockingly low latency of Thunderbolt connectivity
Packing a total of 32 inputs and 34 outputs into a great-sounding and fantastically affordable 1U frame. This includes an 8-in/12-out analog I/O with four stellar microphone preamps, two guitar inputs, and both a noise rating (-110dB THD+N) and dynamic range (123dB, A-weighted, 20Hz-20kHz) that stand up to some of the most impressive gear on the market. On top of that, the 1248 offers you 18 channels of digital I/O on ADAT and S/PDIF, and with its ultra-fast Thunderbolt connectivity (in addition to USB 2.0), you could hardly ask for less system latency.
DSP-fueled mixer onboard gives you the added benefit of EQ, compression, and effects
Granted, with the MOTU 1248's extremely fast Thunderbolt connection, system latency isn't much of an issue to begin with, but the onboard DSP mixer still offers a number of advantages you'll find useful in a variety of settings, such as when you're connected via USB. For starters, this digital mixer supports up to 48 inputs (via AVB expansion) and 12 stereo busses, allowing you to set up extremely complex routing schemes completely independent of your computer. In fact, if you connect a wireless router to your 1248, you can access all of its internal mixing functions, including effects and processing, via an app on your iOS device, turning this powerful audio interface into a fully capable standalone mixer. Speaking of onboard processing and effects, whether you're in the studio or onstage with your 1248, you'll find a ton of uses for its DSP EQ, compression, gate, and reverb.
MOTU 1248 Hybrid Audio Interface Features:
- A fantastic 32-in/34-out hybrid audio interface for studio and live sound applications
- 4 pristine microphone preamplifiers offer clear and transparent sound of any kind of microphone
- ADAT optical and S/PDIF digital I/O let you expand your system with additional gear
- Choose from ultra-low-latency Thunderbolt, high-speed USB 2.0, or iPad/iOS (w/ Camera Connection Kit) connectivity
- Onboard 32-bit floating point DSP-driven digital mixer with EQ, dynamics, and effects provides latency-free routing
- Hook up a wireless router and take complete control of the onboard mixer from your iOS device - no computer needed!
- MOTU's AVB audio networking lets you easily expand your system and additional AVB equipped audio interfaces
- Create an AVB network via optional AVB Switches for support for up to five compatible interfaces
Here's a look at how I use my MOTU 1248 to record my Podcast. Check it out at riotcast.com/bandgeek.
MOTU 1248 DemoHere's a look at how I use my MOTU 1248 to record my Podcast. ...