MXL - 860 Ribbon Microphone
This ribbon is the real deal, don't be fooled by the low price! We've recorded comparisons with the 860 to a Royer 121 and the results are amazing. it's very hard to pick which is which even by a long time Royer user and audio professional that was using our studio at the time. You'll be recording beautiful ribbon recordings for a long time with the 860.
The MXL 860 Side Address Ribbon Microphone is compact and versatile, making it ideal for many recording applications. The distinctive MXL 860 Ribbon has a durable cast metal body that makes it an excellent utility mic. It can be positioned virtually anywhere in a studio to record a wide range of instruments, including percussion. Comes with shockmount and microfiber cleaning cloth.
- MXL 860 Ribbon Microphone
- Professional Shockmount
- Micro Fibre Cleaning Cloth
- Warm sound with a robust low end and a full midrange
- Figure-8 polar pattern that captures instruments and room sound
- High SPL capability—ideal for horns and electric guitars
- Compact design that makes mic placement easy
- Internally wired with Mogami cable
- Nickel metal finish
- Type: Ribbon Velocity Microphone
- Ribbon element: 1.8-micron aluminum ribbon
- Ribbon length: 47mm
- Frequency range: 20Hz-17kHz
- Polar pattern: Figure 8
- Sensitivity: -56dB re 1V/Pa
- Impedance: 250Ω
- Rated load impedance: >1500 Ohms
- Max SPL for .5% THD: >130dB @1kHz
- Weight: .55lb.
- Size: 37mm x 160mm (1.46" x 6.30")
STL Pro Audio is proud to be the exclusive MXL Microphones distributor for New Zealand.
Customers also viewed