PRESONUS ERIS E3.5 - 2 WAY 3.5" Near Field Monitor - Pair
Fantastic accurate, full of features and priced way under performance.
PreSonus® Eris-series studio monitors are used worldwide by audio engineers who need to hear every detail of their recordings. Ideal for gaming and home video production, the Eris E3.5 employs the same technology as the larger Eris models to deliver studio-quality sound, with a smooth and accurate frequency response. Yet they’re compact enough to fit almost anywhere.
Kevlar woofers deliver a cleaner overall sound.
Every Eris-series studio monitor utilizes a custom-woven Kevlar® low-frequency driver. The weave and nature of the Eris E3.5’s 3.5-inch Kevlar woofer result in a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound.
Smooth high end and wide sweet spot.
Each Eris monitor is equipped with a silk dome tweeter that produces a smooth and refined sound, accurately reproducing transients and high frequencies. The tweeter is designed to radiate sound with a fairly wide dispersion pattern, creating a large optimal listening area or “sweet spot” so you can move around and still hear everything accurately.
Monitors you can customize.
Today’s music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in challenging mixing environments. That’s why Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive acoustic tuning controls. The three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to further mitigate room anomalies. A Low Cutoff filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor® T8 subwoofer into your monitor setup, allowing you to adjust the upper end of the Temblor’s range to match the lower end of your full-range speakers.
Connect to virtually any line-level source.
With three different types of audio inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your Eris monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. The Eris E4.5 is equipped with stereo ¼”, 1/8”, and RCA inputs. With this selection, you’ll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up with virtually any line-level source, including your smartphone. The Eris E4.5s are also equipped with a headphone amplifier so you can check your mix on your favorite headphones or quickly cut an overdub without repatching cables.
Components and construction
- 3.5-inch Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 100 dB maximum continuous SPL
- High- and low-frequency tuning controls
- Front-panel Volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
Power and safety
- 50 watt (25W/side), Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS, unbalanced 1/8-inch stereo, and RCA inputs
- Integrated stereo headphone amplifier with front-panel 1/8-inch output