- Shop by Brand
- Antelope Audio
- Antelope Audio Edge - Large Diaphragm Modeling Microphone for Antelope Interfaces
Antelope Audio Edge - Large Diaphragm Modeling Microphone for Antelope Interfaces
A Fully-stocked Mic Locker
A mic locker stocked with vintage microphones would normally cost thousands. But if you have an Antelope Audio Edge and one of their Discrete audio interfaces, you can achieve all of those classic sounds for much, much less. Best of all, you can combine Edge with your interface's built-in Accusonic modeling, supplying you with a plethora of mic/preamp combinations. Add to that your FPGA-equipped interface's spot-on emulations of vintage compressors and EQs, and you have a world-class channel strip. Even without modeling, Edge is a great-sounding large-diaphragm condenser in its own right, with a smooth, natural response that flatters everything you put in front of it.
An array of vintage mics at your fingertips
Plug Edge into one of your Discrete audio interface's preamps, and it transforms into any one of several vintage tube, transformer, and FET-based microphones. Antelope's Accusonic modeling offers brilliant re-creations of these mics and gives you complete control over proximity effect, positional axis, and polar patterns. You can even blend two different mic signals at once! Supply your musician with a killer vocal chain using your interface's FPGA FX to patch in vintage compressors and EQs. You can capture sources with or without modeling, then add and tweak your mic's sound in your DAW later via Antelope's AFX2DAW plug-in.
A great-sounding mic in its own right
It's easy to get distracted by Edge's bells and whistles, but at the end of the day, it's simply a great-sounding mic. It features a dual-capsule condenser design with the electrical lead attached to the edge of its diaphragm, instead of its center. Many coveted vintage microphones use this design, due to its smooth and natural-sounding response. An included cable splits Edge's signal into two outputs, which are matched and calibrated for your Discrete interface's preamps.
- AKG C12/C12VR
- AKG C414
- Coles 4038
- Neumann U 47
- Neumann U 67
- Neumann U 87
- Neumann M 49
- Neumann M 149
- Neumann UM 57
- Neumann TLM 103
- Royer R-122
- Sony C-800G
- Telefunken ELA M 251
- Telefunken AK47
Antelope Audio Edge Features:
- Large-diaphragm modeling microphone for Antelope's Discrete audio interfaces
- Works in concert with your Discrete interface's built-in Accusonic modeling to emulate several classic microphones
- Combines with your FPGA-equipped interface's comp and EQ emulations to form a killer channel strip
- Gives you complete control over proximity effect, positional axis, and polar patterns
- Blend two different mic signals to create interesting multi-miked sounds
- Capture sources with or without modeling, then add and tweak your mic's sound in your DAW later via Antelope's AFX2DAW plug-in (supports AAX, VST, and AU formats)
STL Pro Audio is an authorized Antelope dealer. Products ship with full manufactures warranty.
Customers also viewed