The MOTU Track16 has been designed to be functional, sound incredible and look fantastic. Why buy an ugly brick like interface to ruin your studio vibe when you can have the Track 16!
An Interface as Flexible as Your Recording Needs!
MOTU's Track16 desktop recording interface gives you the quality, versatility, and expandability you need to build a reliable recording rig that can grow and adapt to your needs. Intended to fit into any small to midsize recording rig, MOTU designed the Track16 to keep your invaluable desk space clear, while giving you access to a full set of hands-on controls. Need to tweak mic input 1? With the push of a button, the Track16's large central button lets you grab the level you need. The same thing goes for every other input or output. And when you add in onboard effects and DSP mixing, you'll be absolutely astonished by what you can do with a MOTU Track16 desktop recording interface.
Flexible form factor fits any size or style of studio
MOTU knows that your studio is entirely what you make of it. That's why they designed their versatile Track16 recording interface to allow you to configure your system around an ever-changing layout. If you're working alone or with a collaborator, then the Track16's onboard analog I/O is more than enough. A breakout cable (included) lets you keep your desktop clear and your cables organized — a real bonus in any modestly sized project studio. Of course, if you find yourself suddenly needing to track a full band, then the Track16's optical expansion ports let you instantly add up to eight additional channels of outboard gear. And when it's time to hit the road, just detach the breakout cable and go. Your laptop's FireWire port is all you need to power your Track16, giving you unfettered access to its amazing sound quality wherever your music takes you.
Loaded with the versatile I/O and control options you need
It's really quite impressive how much useful I/O MOTU managed to pack into their Track16 desktop recording interface. For instance, you can track vocals via one of the Track16's dual microphone preamplifiers, mic up a guitar cab with the other, capture that same guitar direct, run bass direct as well, and even record a stereo feed from a keyboard or drum machine — all at the same time! And that's just with the onboard I/O — you still have eight additional channels of ADAT optical I/O left for expansion. And the best part is that you can instantly grab hold of any input or output level with a single push of a button via the Track16's simple top-panel controls, which totally streamline your workflow.
CueMix FX lets you mix and add effects with zero latency
Another huge part of what the Track16 offers you is neatly tucked out of sight, hidden within the inner workings of this impressive desktop recording interface, namely, MOTU's advanced CueMix FX DSP mixing and processing system. If you've ever had to fight the effects of excessive latency as you tried to record, then you know what inspired MOTU to create this powerful system of onboard processing and signal routing. The way it works is simple. Using a straightforward software application, you can create up to eight totally independent monitor and routing mixes and add effects and processing to your inputs such as equalization, reverb, compression and more — all before your incoming signal hits your computer! That means with a MOTU Track16 and CueMix FX, you'll get the low-latency monitoring and performance you need, no matter which DAW you prefer.
Control CueMix with your iPad
MOTU's CueMix FX software, the mixing software that drives the powerful routing of the Track 16, can be controlled from your iPad. MOTU created CueMix templates for the TouchOSC controller app, giving you complete control over your Track 16's mixing and effects processing over a Wi-Fi network. This means that when you're recording in your studio, you don't need to keep going back to your computer to adjust gain levels, change monitoring effects, or virtually anything else you rely on CueMix for.
MOTU Track16 Desktop Recording Interface Features:
- This personal desktop 16-in/14-out desktop recording interface gives you all of the I/O and advanced mixing options you need to make professional-quality recordings
- Slim desktop form factor keeps your work surface clear and your controls handy
- Hybrid high-speed USB 2.0 and FireWire 400 connectivity
- FireWire 400 supplies bus power (AC power supply provided for USB 2.0 operation)
- Supports up to full 24-bit/192kHz HD audio
- All analog I/O connects via a single DB-25 breakout cable for maximum versatility
- 2 x MOTU microphone preamplifiers provide you with low-noise, high-headroom performance
- Each mic pre features switchable +48V phantom power and a switchable -20dB pad
- 2 x dedicated instrument inputs allow you to record guitar and bass direct
- 4 x line-level inputs (in 2 x stereo pairs) are perfect for keyboards, drum machines, and outboard gear
- Top-panel controls provide one-touch control over all input and output levels
- CueMix FX lets you assign a separate pre-computer input mix to each output pair including the main outputs, the line outputs, the headphone outputs, 4 x optical pairs, and the return bus
- CueMix FX also lets you apply effects and processing to your input channels including Classic Reverb, a 7-band British style parametric EQ, a conventional compressor, and the Leveler (an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor)
- Precision Digital Trim technology on all inputs provides adjustments in approximately 1/4dB increments, which you can store and recall later
- 8-bus mixer also functions in standalone mode
- Time code support directly resolves to or generates time code via any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an extra synchronizer
- Direct Digital Synthesis DSP-driven phase lock engine and internal clock source produces imperceptibly low jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the Track16 is resolved to an external clock source via SMPTE time code
- DC-coupled TRS outputs can be used with MOTU's Volta (sold separately) to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW
- Mac and PC compatible on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
Watch this overview of MOTU's Track16, a 16 x 14 desktop studio interface with effects and mixing. Track16 connects to any Mac or PC laptop or desktop computer via bus-powered FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0 to deliver professional audio quality at sample rates up to 192 kHz. With plenty of I/O for a well-equipped studio, Track16's compact size is perfect desktop studio operation, with one-touch volume control of any input or output channel pair.
Official Track...Watch this overview of MOTU's Track16, a 16 x 14 desktop studi...
Customers also viewed