API 500-6B Lunchbox
- Holds 6 API standard modules
- Rack Ears available for rack mounting
- 6 Slots with 250 mA of current per slot
- DB-25 connectors for easy input and output connection (see diagram)
- XLRs to access channels 7 and 8 of the multipins
- Power rail LED indication
- Internal power supply; 100 to 250 Volts switchable, 47 to 63 Hz
- Rubber feet & carrying handle for portability
- Rugged steel chassis
- Perfect for remote recording of vocalist and instruments
The API 500-6B lunchbox is a 6-slot rack designed to accept all API standard 5.25" X 1.5" modules. This quality allows an engineer the flexibility to bring along specialized EQ effects to any situation: 550A, 550b or 560. The lunchbox has an internal power supply with a rear panel selected AC voltage switch and a removable power cord. The input/output jacks are XLR. The lunchbox comes standard with a +48 volt internal phantom power supply, bussed to pin 15 for interface with the API 512c Mic Preamplifier.
API makes several modules for the 500-6B, including the 512c Mic Preamplifier, the 525 Compressor, the 527 Compressor, the 550A 3-band EQ, the 550b 4-band EQ and the 560 Graphic EQ. Combinations of these modules make perfect stereo recording packages (two 512cs and two 550bs) or vocalist's box (one 512c, two EQs and one 527).
Other uses for the versatile lunchbox include:
- Multi-track recording of acoustic and electronic audio sources
- Sound reinforcement systems and recording to multi-track formats
- Multiple facility projects where portability is a plus
- Broadcast and audio for video production
- Custom channel input strips
NOTE: The older 560A equalizer may use pin 15 for a "direct output" and must be disabled on the 560A circuit board edge connector by cutting a trace. This will eliminate 48 volts from damaging the 560A series equalizers.
Customers also viewed