Warm Audio WA-412 4 Channel Mic Pre w/ DI
Warm Audio have been taking the market by storm with their affordable yet very professional sounding gear. The WA-412 is no exception. It's inspiration is taken from the classic API 512 and the word is out - the WA-412 is a killer! In NZ at $500 per pre it's a no brainer, you won't find a better price per pre than the WA-412!
From Warm Audio:
The WA-412 provides 4 channels of classic US console preamps in a sleek 1RU design. This style of pre is often referred to as "the sound of Rock n' Roll" for its BIG punchy low end & smooth open top end. The price/performance ratio of the WA-412 is almost unfathomable to the experienced studio engineer who has possibly paid much more for pres of this style during their career. Featuring fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamps & custom wound Altran USA input & output transformers, the WA-412 leaves nothing to be desired. If you are looking for multi channels of world class tone in an affordable package, the WA-412 is the right choice for you.
Inspiration behind the WA-412.
When I first started holding regular studio sessions years ago I always desired to have more channels of high-end mic pre's. I could only afford to have one or two in my studio at a time, which was never enough to record a full band or drummer. I knew very well that if signals were not recorded well "on the way in" they wouldn't be salvageable later, but my budget constrained me, so many of the sources were recorded through poor-quality mic pre's. If the WA-412 was available back then I likely wouldn't have had to settle for poor, low-quality tone. The WA-412 was designed "for the people" (if you will) & we believe it will become a serious work-horse in many professional & home studios. - Bryce Young (founder)
The WA-412 has everything one would expect from this style of preamp & more! Output Trim has been added to each channel for precise control & creative gain structuring. We also added a Tone switch (transformer input impedance) to each channel, which allows either the warm & punchy classic console tone, or a more open & neutral sound
Each channel uses a fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamp that can be swapped with other opamps along with unique Altran transformers that extend the low frequency response of the design. The transformers also use a vintage winding technique that produces a very distinct smooth & open character.
- Based on a classic American console preamp design known for its punchy, bold sonics
- Fully discrete, transformer-coupled, through-hole component topology
- Custom-wound, premium Altran USA input and output transformers on each channel
- Discrete X520 socketed op-amp on every channel
- May be user-swapped with most 6-pin, discrete op-amps
- 65db of gain; 20dB pad (pads both mic and instrument inputs)
- Inputs: microphone (XLR), active instrument direct-injection (1/4")
- Outputs: transformer-balanced XLR and TRS.
- Tone button - switches input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms
- Changes tone of both mic and DI inputs
- Phantom power (+48 volts), switchable per channel
- LED metering per channel
- Output trim knob per channel for exacting level control and sound sculpting
- Internal power supply (grounded, 3-pin IEC power cable)
All component choices have been carefully selected, some even customized.
4 Channel Microphone Preamplifier
Warm Audio WA-...4 Channel Microphone Preamplifier