- Shop by Brand
- Dangerous Music
- Dangerous Music - Monitor ST Studio Monitor Control System with Remote
All Dangerous Music products ship with the full manufactures 2 Year Warranty!
Don't forget all STL Pro Audio products include Free Shipping Nationwide in NZ!
Dangerous Music: Monitor ST
Stereo Monitor Control system with 4 Input Sources, 3 Speaker Outputs, and Remote Control
It takes a studio owner/operator to know what other studio owners and engineers need from their gear. As former world-class studio owners and makers of custom mastering equipment, Dangerous Music builds no-compromise, problem-solving gear. Recreating a console's master section, the Dangerous Monitor ST is a stereo (upgradeable to 5.1) remote-controllable input source and speaker switcher, cue/talkback system, and headphone amplifier all in 1U package. It features a stepped analog volume attenuator, four input sources, three speaker outputs, and programmable I/O. With Monitor ST you can set up a great headphone mix while the talkback system, with dual control and dedicated slate output, lets you give the producer his own talkback button! Best of all, the Monitor ST lets you control your entire system right from the sweet spot.
SIMPLY THE BEST MONITOR CONTROLLER AVAILABLE
An audiophile-grade, multi-purpose monitor controller for tracking, mixing and mastering that won’t color your sound. Designed by the renowned Chris Muth, the MONITOR ST handles all of your input sources, speaker switching, cue, talkback and headphone needs, all in a 1U package with crystal clarity. With its stepped attenuator, five input sources, three speaker outputs, programmable I/O levels, dedicated subwoofer out and more – all accessed via the elegant remote control – you won’t leave the sweet spot while handling all your studio routing effortlessly. the MONITOR ST is so accurate, clear and flexible that you’ll see its remote atop even the world’s best consoles!
FIRST THINGS FIRST – YOU MUST HEAR EVERYTHING
True craftsmanship is in the details. If you can’t hear the nuances of what you’re working on, then you simply can’t make informed decisions. Everything from placing a mic, to turning a knob on an EQ, to coaching a singer though a delicate passage depends on being able to hear exactly what’s going on. With the advent of “prosumer” gear, the monitoring path is typically sacrificed to meet a price-point, and even some of the world’s most revered and expensive large-format consoles have less-than-accurate center sections that obscure the sound. To solve these problems, we’ve made zero compromises in the MONITOR ST, employing audiophile-grade components in an unconditionally transparent design. Whether you’re working in a project studio or managing the complex monitor routing in a multi-room studio, the MONITOR ST will provide the most accurate and reliable monitoring available anywhere.
ALL ANALOG VOLUME KNOB & SWITCHING
If the studio were a car, the volume knob is the steering wheel, your connection to the whole mechanism through which all important feedback is routed. Not all volume controls are created equal – some affect frequency response at different levels, some introduce noise, some rely on tone-snatching digital level controls. the MONITOR ST’s volume control is a relay-actuated stepped analog attenuator made from top-shelf audiophile-grade components, expertly implemented into Chris Muth’s no-compromise analog signal path. From the remote’s elegantly-shaped knob, you’ll get crystal clear sonics with dead-accurate volume level recalls and better than 0.01dB gain tracking between channels. Whether you’re blasting playback through the mains or squinting at your small monitors at whisper volumes, the MONITOR ST will never color your sound or skew your stereo image. And because all the switching within the MONITOR ST is handled by relays, your audio signals are delivered to your speakers unadulterated, removing all the guesswork while tracking, mixing or mastering.
EFFORTLESS AND ELABORATE SIGNAL ROUTING
As the centerpiece of your studio, the MONITOR ST handles complex routing elegantly. There are four analog inputs, three speaker outputs, plus a stereo subwoofer output with programmable level offset and filter that can be assigned to any of the three speaker pairs (or used for a 4th pair of studio monitors). All of these ins and outs can be custom calibrated with onboard, programmable level offsets that you can recall instantly for different devices and configurations. Need to monitor a -10dBV commercial source like a CD player with levels perfectly matched? No problem. The on-board talkback mic, slate output and the robust 20w/channel headphone amplifier – which can receive the Main Mix or the Aux In for custom artist mixes – round out all the routing needs for any studio. And the Aux Input can be layered with any of the four main inputs, offering up even more routing solutions.
Main monitors louder than your near-fields? No problem. Just switch between them and adjust the MONITOR ST’s level offsets in Setup mode until they’re matched, and then store. Now every time you switch between speakers they are matched for apparent loudness. You can do the same with the inputs, and with the Subwoofer Output, getting all of your studio’s gear in perfect balance for seamless monitoring.
ELEGANT AND EFFICIENT REMOTE CONTROL
Stay in the sweet spot while managing every signal in your studio. the MONITOR ST’s award-winning design is centered around an ergonomic, intuitive and indestructible remote control that hosts access to all of the MONITOR ST’s features. Connected with a single shielded Cat-5 cable, this remote is equally at home on a desk or the armrest of a big console – wherever your listening sweet spot is. The illuminated switches give you instant visual feedback of all your settings, while the stepped volume knob triggers the audiophile-grade relays in the main unit. Get this remote under your hands to find out why the MONITOR ST has won a TEC Nomination, A Future Music Ace Award and was crowned a Certified Hit by Mix Magazine.
AN EXPANDABLE SYSTEM
Require 5.1, 7.1, 10.2 or greater? Just add the MONITOR SR to your ST system. The SR modules allow you to add as many channels as you need to handle all of your surround monitoring tasks, all with the world-class sound and control that the ST has to offer. And with the Dangerous Music CONVERT-2 you can connect the ST’s remote and control a number of essential switching functions.
- Mix Magazine Certified Hit
- Future Music Ace Awards (winner)
- TEC Award (Nominated)
Dangerous Music Dangerous Monitor ST Features:
- Scalable monitor management solution
- Relied upon by world-class mix and mastering engineers
- Designed and built by a company founded upon mastering
- Programmable remote tethered by a simple, elegant Cat 5e cable
- Customize the five analog inputs, three speaker sets and dedicated subwoofer output
- Pristine 20W headphone amp will inspire an artist's best performance
- Analog stepped-attenuator volume control
- No level control IC's used - pristine, accurate and repeatable.
- 4 input sources
- Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc.
- 3 speaker outputs
- Switch between up to 3 sets of monitors
- Programmable input gain offsets
- Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
- Input level compensation for -10dBV and +4dBu sources
- Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices
- Input 4 has continuously variable level offset
- Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons without compromising sound quality.
- Programmable output level offsets
- Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers- SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE.
- Assignable subwoofer output
- Choose and store which sets of speakers you want to use with your sub
- Programmable subwoofer level offset
- Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
- Selectable subwoofer filtering
- Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers. Switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work.
- Comprehensive speaker Mute and Solo
- Easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
- Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs
- Use the aux input as a Beep channel to monitor computer alert tones or click tracks on the main speakers.
- 40 watts of clean power for your headphones
- Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output
- Give the producer his own talkback button! Easily slate tracks, or send the slate output to a powered speaker for open-air talkback
- SR unit has selected source output
- Send source signals to meters or any other external device
- Gain Tracking Accuracy: better than 0.05dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002%
- IMD: 0.003%
- Frequency Response: 1Hz-100kHz -0.1dB
- Crosstalk Rejection: >96dB
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or -10dBV
- Crossover: -3dB @ 57Hz 18dB/octave modified Butterworth/Chebyshev
- Headphone amp: 0.002% THD+N
- Headroom: +25dBu to main outputs
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, subject to inspection.
This product ships with full manufactures 12 month warranty.
Please allow 12-14 days for delivery.
Fab Dupont, Producer/Mixer explains the Dangerous Monitor ST/SR and Additional Switching System. For more on Dangerous Music, visit http://www.DangerousMusic.com For more of Fab's tutorials, visit http://puremix.net
Dangerous Moni...Fab Dupont, Producer/Mixer explains the Dangerous Monitor ST/S...
Customers also viewed