Heritage Audio HA73jr Microphone Preamp
A World-class Preamp That's Ready for Anything
The Heritage Audio HA73jr 500 Series microphone preamplifier brings a huge dose of vintage vibe straight to your rack. It's based on the iconic 1073, amplifying any microphone or instrument clearly and vibrantly. And because there are separate input and output gain controls, you can drive the HA73jr's input to get rich, saturated sound like you would on a vintage console. Factor in an incredible 80dB of gain, and you've got a preamp that's ready to bring out the best of any microphone - condenser, dynamic, or ribbon. Said another way, it's difficult to get a bad sound out of the Heritage Audio HA73jr.
Add rich transformer saturation to any source
The Heritage Audio HA73jr has Carnhill input and output transformers, ready to add a touch of glow to any sound source - mic, line, or even DI instruments. The DI circuit is ahead of the mic input transformer, perfect for adding some hair to DI bass signals on the way in. Best of all, the HA73jr preamp module has separate input and output gain controls. That lets you crank the input gain to get more transformer color, without overloading the output stage.
Heritage Audio HA73jr 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier Module Features:
- Sonically-versatile mic preamp and DI module based on the classic 1073
- 20dB pad on the mic input prevents overloading the input transformer
- Up to 80dB of gain for the mic input, 50dB line preamplifier
- All-discrete, Class A circuitry
- DI input circuit is before the input transformer, which lets you add color and richness to DI instruments
- Separate input and output gain controls let you drive the input for saturation without overloading the output
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10K Ohms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated).
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 ohms
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz
- Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Noise: Less than -100dBu.
- Power consumption: 88 mA per rail @+-16VDC
Add a powerful, versatile preamp to your right with the Heritage Audio HA73jr!
STL Pro Audio is the exclusive distributor for Heritage Audio in NZ. All products in full 12 months manufacture warranty.