- Tube Condensers
- Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
Now Available in NZ from STL Pro Audio - Manley Labs
Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
You've been considering it for a while: a high-end tube mic that's leagues beyond anything you currently own. We invite you to consider the Manley Reference Cardioid. When a track needs to make an impact, the Reference Cardioid obliges, with a sound that's bold and authoritative, yet stunningly transparent. For years, it's been a top choice for engineers and producers looking to record huge-sounding vocals and instruments with audiophile-grade sonics. Its nuanced, silky top end is extended well past the range of human hearing. The mids are warm and clear. The bass is powerful and punchy. Whatever the source, you'll always get eat-it-with-a-spoon results with the Manley Reference Cardioid.
Professional polish, right out of the box
Since its 1990 introduction, the Reference Cardioid has become an industry standard, thanks to the deity-like presence and weight it imparts to pop, rock, rap, and R&B vocals as well as voice-overs. It's also great for capturing massive drums when deployed on toms or overheads. Saxophones rule when recorded with this mic. In fact, the Reference Cardioid enhances any source, delivering punchy, larger-than-life tracks with that elusive professional polish, right out of the box.
Big, bold, and beautiful
When it comes to microphones, there's a certain alchemy that goes beyond specs. For the Reference Cardioid, Manley applied their considerable expertise in tube circuits to engineer a mic that calls to mind certain coveted vintage European tube mics. It features the same top-shelf components as Manley's lauded Gold Reference mic, but has a thicker-gauge (6 micron) center-fixed cardioid-only capsule with a gold sputtered diaphragm. With its lavish tonal balance and liquid midrange, the Cardioid Reference is a first-call mic for guitars, drum overheads, saxophone, and of course, vocals. If you're spending time trying to EQ and compress life into your tracks, perhaps you're using the wrong mic.
Manley Reference Cardioid Microphone Features:
- Traditional Manley tube circuitry for that larger-than-life sound
- All-tube design with triode 12AT7
- Custom-wound output transformer with nickel laminations and humbucking bi-filar windings
- Switchable 10dB pad tames extra-hot sources
- Highest-quality components used throughout
- External PSU and 20' power supply cable with locking 6-pin connectors
- Included locking flight case with key, leather capsule protector,
- Warranty: 5-year parts and labor, 90-day vacuum tubes (upon registration)
- Handcrafted in Manley Labs' Chico, California facility
Now Available in NZ from STL Pro Audio - Manley Labs. Buy with confidence from an authorised dealer for Manley Labs.
Customers also viewed