- Computer Recording
- Studio Monitors
- Focal Solo6 Be (Pair) - 6.5" Powered Studio Monitors + Freebies
Focal Solo6 Be (Pair) - 6.5" Powered Studio Monitors + Freebies
Focal Professional - Solo 6BE - Active Studio Monitors (Pair)
2-way Powered Studio Monitor with 6.5" Woofer, 1" Beryllium Inverted-dome Tweeter, and 40Hz-40kHz Frequency Response (price is for a pair)
We'll throw in for free a pair of 3m cables to get these monitors going as soon as they arrive. Please let us know what termination you need after the sale.
The Focal Magic, in a Compact 2-way affordable solution.
Whether you're recording, mixing, or mastering, the Solo6 Be is just the kind of no-nonsense, cutting-edge reference monitor you're going to want in your studio. True, the Solo6 Be has an amazing bass response for its size (down to 40Hz), not to mention an impressive upper-frequency response that reaches beyond human hearing to 40kHz — but this monitor's still much more than just its numbers. It's full. It's clear. It's articulate. And, just like its 3-way big brother, the Twin6 Be, the Solo6 Be is all about ensuring your tracks translate.
The Focal Solo6 Be is an active, two-way, professional nearfield speaker (two built-in amplifiers - 150 + 100W RMS), comprised of a 6.5" (16.5cm) “W” cone sandwich composite driver, loaded by a large section laminar bass port and a Focal inverted dome pure Beryllium tweeter
The Solo6 Be combines the same elements as Focal's highly respected 3-way Twin6 Be, just in a compact 2-way design. Just as with the Twin6 Be, you'll be stunned by the Solo6 Be's clarity and the extended frequency response: it reaches from 40Hz up to 40kHz, above and beyond the range of your hearing. What's handy about the Solo6 Be, though, is that when you combine its amazingly neutral sound with its compact size and user-adjustable rear settings, you've got a reference monitor you can feasibly take from studio to studio, tailor to the room's acoustics, and consistently record/mix/master translatable tracks.
Hear the advantages of Focal's Beryllium inverted-dome tweeter
A Focal hallmark is the inverted-dome tweeter — and it's a big part of the magic behind the Solo6 Be's amazing performance. The particular advantage of the inverted dome is that it optimizes the mechanical coupling between the voice coil and the dome. As the voice coil is fixed at mid-height on the dome, it can uniformly move the Solo6 Be's entire cone surface. This design inherently offers high efficiency, precision, and energy, all resulting in an extremely precise soundstage. Add to that the use of Beryllium for the Solo6 Be's dome — a material noted for its incredible rigidity — and you've got a speaker that can near-linearly span from 40Hz all the way up to 40kHz, above the range of human hearing.
"W" composite sandwich cone helps to optimize the frequency response curve
The Solo6 Be takes advantage of Focal's "W" composite sandwich cone. The unique characteristics of the cone permits optimization of the frequency response curve, thanks to the total control of three key parameters: lightness, rigidity, and damping. The sound is amazingly transparent, has an excellent phase response, and has an extremely low distortion rate.
Focal Solo6 Be 6.5" 2-way Active Studio Monitor Features:
- Compact, 2-way version of Focal's best-selling studio reference monitor
- Hallmark-Focal inverted-dome tweeter, for high efficiency, precision, and energy
- Employs a rigid Beryllium tweeter to deliver Focal's best-in-range tweeter performance
- "W" composite sandwich cone permits optimization of the frequency response curve
Focal Solo6 Be 6.5" 2-way Active Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency response: 40Hz-40kHz
- Maximum SPL: 113dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input Type/Impedance: symmetrical/10 kOhms
- Input Connector: XLR
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu or -10dBV
- Bass/mid-range: 150W rms, BASH technology
- Treble: 100W rms, AB class
- Electric supply: 230V (1.6A fuse), 115V (3.5A fuse), removable IEC supply wire
- Input sensitivity selector
- Adjustable tweeter and woofer levels with potentiometers
- Power on/off switch
- Voltage selector
- Power on LED
- Woofer: 6W4370B, 6-1/2" (16.5cm) Focal "W" composite sandwich cone speaker
- Tweeter: Focal TB871 Beryllium inverted-dome tweeter
- Transducer shielding: Integral through cancellation magnets or by magnet design
- Box: 7-1/2" (19mm) MDF panels
- Finish: Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 13 x 9-7/16 x 11-7/16" - (330x240x290mm)
- Weight: 24.2 lbs. - (11kg)
The Solo6 Be could be used vertically or horizontally depending on the environment, preferably pointing towards the listener.
For more information see the Focal Professional website here.
STL Pro Audio is extremely proud to be an authorised reseller for Focal Professional.
Customers also viewed