Heritage Audio HA73X2 ELITE - Dual Channel Mic Preamp
A 2-channel 73 Pre That Won't Break the Bank
Heritage Audio's value-packed Elite series leverages the expertise gleaned from years of making acclaimed vintage-inspired equipment. For the HA73X2 Elite, Heritage Audio set its target high: their own widely respected, handwired HA73jr and DMA73 preamps — themselves based on the most iconic vintage console preamp in history, the 1073. You might ask how Heritage can offer the same world-class sound and performance at such a budget-friendly price. Through economies of scale, mostly. They don't cut corners on components (the HA73X2 Elite employs genuine Carnhill input and output transformers), but they do order parts and build in quantity, using lean manufacturing and modern construction techniques, in the same Spanish factory where the rest of their line is made.
A potent dose of vintage vibe
The 2-channel Heritage Audio HA73X2 Elite microphone preamplifier packs your rack with a potent dose of vintage vibe. It's based on the iconic 1073, amplifying any microphone or instrument with vibrant clarity and punch. Drive the input harder to get rich, saturated sound like you would on a vintage console. With 80dB of gain, you've got a preamp that's ready to bring out the best in any microphone — condenser, dynamic, or ribbon. Trust us: it's really difficult to make this thing sound bad!
Add rich transformer saturation to any source
The Heritage Audio HA73X2 has Carnhill input and output transformers ready to add warmth, girth, and authority to any sound source — mic, line, or even DI instruments. The DI circuit is ahead of the mic input transformer, perfect for adding some hair to DI bass signals on the way in. Each channel of the HA73X2 has separate input and output gain controls, so you can crank the input to get more transformer colour without overloading the output stage.
Heritage Audio HA73X2 Elite Mic Preamp Features:
- 2-channel, fully discrete, 3-stage Class A mic preamp with 80dB of gain
- Industry-standard Carnhill transformers hand-wound in Saint Ives, England
- Separate input and output gain controls let you drive the input for saturation without overloading the output
- Line inputs on separate XLRs for adding warmth and girth to pre-recorded tracks
- 20dB pad on the mic input to avoid overloading the input transformer when desired
- LOZ switches the input impedance of the mic transformer from 200 to 50 ohms
- 80Hz highpass filter; +48-volt phantom power; polarity reverse
- Ultra-high-impedance JFET-based DI input
- Rugged 19" 1U format chassis
- External universal power supply for worldwide use
STL Pro Audio is the exclusive distributor for Heritage Audio in NZ. All products in full 12 months manufacture warranty.