- Computer Recording
- Summing & Monitor Management
- Heritage Audio MCM-8 MK2 - 8 slot 500 series chassis/mixer
Heritage Audio MCM-8 MK2
Heritage Audio's Flagship Chassis!
Heritage Audio's MCM-8 MK2 is an 8-slot 500 Series chassis with an integrated 10-channel summing mixer. The top-of-the-line MCM-8 MK2 features On Slot Technology that leverages next-generation power electronics to handle power supply on a per slot basis. Each slot has its own power supply linear regulation stages, isolating each module from the rest. Your modules simply share the metal enclosure. Each slot even has test LEDs for checking correct power operation. Dual-concentric potentiometers handle Volume and Pan for each slot, with pan pots being center detented for precise center positioning. Each channel is equipped with an On switch to assign it to the mix bus. MK2 improvements include a lower noise floor and the addition of a bypass switch for each slot that still lets you use the summing mixer functions.
Smart technology, superior sound
Thanks to Heritage Audio's On Slot Technology (OST), the MCM-8 MK2's power capability is a maximum of 400mA per rail, per slot — with an overall of 1.4A (1.6A non-continuous) per rail, whichever is reached first. Total available phantom power is 140mA. The mix bus has a passive voltage summing topology, similar to that found in Rupert Neve's 80 Series consoles of the 1970s. The gain loss is restored by the same Class A, 2n3055 driven, transformer-based output stage used in the Heritage Audio's modern-day version of the classic 1073. If you're not into specs, what this all means is that the MCM-8 MK2 is built right to give you many years of authoritative sonic performance and trouble-free use in your studio or on the road.
Superb build and feature set
From its RAF blue-gray enclosure to the solid tactile feedback from its knobs and switches, the Heritage Audio MCM-8 MK2 unabashedly rocks vintage British Class A vibe. And just like the classic gear that inspires all Heritage Audio equipment, the MCM-8 MK2 boasts superb build quality and a very smart feature set. There's an additional stereo input on the back panel, which allows several MCM-8 MK2 units to be daisy-chained — or signals not needing further 500 Series processing to be mixed together. The central section sports analog VU meters and a Stereo Master fader. Gold-plated XLRs and DSUB25s handle the I/O.
Heritage Audio MCM-8 MK2 Features:
- 8-slot 500 Series chassis with integrated 10-channel summing mixer
- NEW lower noise floor
- NEW bypass switch for each slot that leaves summing mixer functions enabled
- Mix bus with vintage Neve-style passive voltage summing topology
- Additional stereo input on the back panel allows several MCM-8s to be daisy-chained
- Central section sports analog VU meters and a Stereo Master fader
- Handles power supply on a per slots basis, isolating each module from the rest
- Gold-plated XLRs and DSUB25s handle your I/O
- 140mA total available phantom power
- Class A transformer-based output stage
- Solid build quality for many years of trouble-free use
STL Pro Audio is the exclusive distributor for Heritage Audio in NZ. All products in full 12 months manufacture warranty.