Heritage Audio - SUCCESSOR Stereo Bus Compressor
Classic British Diode-bridge Compression with Cutting-edge Features
The Successor stereo bus compressor continues Heritage Audio's tradition of manufacturing acclaimed pro audio equipment inspired by holy-grail vintage English gear. The Successor features true stereo operation on single controls with matched gain cells for extremely tight left/right tracking and near-zero offset between channels. Compression tracking works in "Oxford mode," where, as opposed to summing left and right channels, the loudest signal control compression. Carnhill I/O transformers and balanced and Class A output stages bring the coveted sound of classic British diode-bridge compression to your drum or mix buses.
Impressive specs yield superior sonic results
Rocking an all-discrete, Class A signal path, the Heritage Audio Successor is well spec'd with stepped controls for easy recall, flexible sidechain filter options, and ultra-fast attack and release times not typically found in vintage designs. The faster attack and release options permit more flexible settings, including FET-like behavior and volume maximizing without transient artifacts. Another modern feature we appreciate is the Blend control for instant parallel compression. The Successor is also equipped with Carnhill transformer-coupled balanced inputs and outputs, ready to add warmth, girth, and authority to any sound source, for some of the sweetest vintage-flavored compression we've heard in this price range.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz–30kHz (±1dB)
- Compression threshold: From -20 to +20dBu, on stepped pot
- Compression ratios: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1, Limit, on stepped switch
- Attack: Selectable from 50us (ultra-fast, great for slamming drums) to 20mS (slow, good for maintaining natural dynamic range in full mixes)
- Attack Values: 50uS, .2mS, .5mS, 2mS, 5mS and 20mS, on stepped switch
- Release: Selectable from 25mS (ultra-fast) to automatic times.
- Release Values: 25, 50, 100mS, Auto1 and Auto 2
- Sidechain filter: Complex filter comprising 3 second order highpass filters (at 100, 300, and 5000Hz) and 2 bell-type pre equalizers at 800 and 3000Hz. Sidechain has a smooth 50Hz roll-off which is added to the sidechain filter selector, preventing sub low frequencies from riding the compression
- Gain Makeup: Up to 10dB in 2dB steps on stepped, 6-way switch
- Blend Control: Switchable On/Off, from fully processed sound (Wet) to unprocessed (Dry) on stepped pot
- External Sidechain: Sidechain send and return jacks, switchable On/Off
Heritage Audio Successor Stereo Bus Compressor Features:
- True stereo operation on single controls with matched gain cells for extremely tight left/right tracking and near-zero offset between channels
- Oxford mode compression tracking (loudest signal controls compression)
- Carnhill transformer-coupled balanced inputs and outputs for rich character and vintage vibe
- Vintage-style Class A output stages bring the coveted sound of classic British diode-bridge compression to your drum or mix buses
- Diode-bridge based compression favors desirable 2nd-order harmonic distortion characteristics and true vintage tone while eliminating unpleasant odd-order harmonic content
- Ultra-fast attack and release time options not found in vintage designs permit more flexible settings, including FET-like behavior and volume maximizing without transient artifacts
- Versatile sidechain filtering options elaborate on the obligatory highpass filters, introducing mid-band peaking filters and high-frequency compression, allowing bus dynamics shaping heretofore not possible
- Sidechain Send and Return jacks allow for external sidechain signals or further external processing of internal signal
- Blend control offers onboard parallel compression without any external equipment; Blend On/Off button allows for instant comparison in-between wet and dry signals
- Stepped controls for easy settings recall
- High-quality analog Gain Reduction meter
STL Pro Audio is the exclusive distributor for Heritage Audio in NZ. All products in full 12 months manufacture warranty.
See Chris Lord Alge takes a sneak peek at the new Heritage Audio Successor master bus compressor. He explores all its unique features and explains why it should be your next secret weapon!
Chris Lord Alg...See Chris Lord Alge takes a sneak peek at the new Heritage Aud...