Lauten Audio Snare Mic Large-diaphragm FET Condenser
Front-address large diaphragm condenser microphone featuring a full 120 dB (135 dB total) dynamic range and excellent off-axis sound rejection
FET Condenser Microphone with Cardioid Polar Pattern, 20Hz-20kHz Frequency Response, 6 Filters, and 135dB+ Max SPL
The World’s First and Only FET Condenser Snare Mic
Throughout history, drummers have had few microphone options for accurately capturing their snare drum. Lauten Audio is here to finally give snare drums the representation they deserve with the aptly named Snare Mic – the first and only FET condenser microphone built specifically for snare drums. It may also be the last snare mic you need, considering the Snare Mic’s -28dB of off-axis rejection, more than 135dB SPL handling, and 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response. Plus, excellent onboard sound shaping capabilities - three high cuts and three low cuts - ensure that the Lauten Audio Snare Mic will sound fantastic on any snare drum. The Snare Mic’s diminutive size (4.2 inches) lets it fit easily on any drum set, and its solid brass headframe plus mildew-resistant dust filter protects it from stick hits, drumstick wood shavings, and much more. Finally, a vibration-resistant capsule means that the Snare Mic is ready to be mounted either on your drum’s rim or on a mic stand.
A great sound on any snare
Many session drummers collect snare drums because they know that the right snare drum sound improves the entire song. Extensive onboard sound shaping capabilities plus -28dB of off-axis rejection ensures that Lauten Audio’s Snare Mic complements the natural qualities of any snare drum. Choose from three low cuts (Flat, 80Hz, 140Hz) to minimize rumble from kick drums and toms, or three high cuts (Flat, 5kHz, 12kHz) that reduce bleed from cymbals and other stage noise.
Easily fits on any drum set
Whether you play a 4-piece jazz kit or a Terry Bozzio-style monstrosity, the Lauten Audio Snare Mic easily fits on any drum set thanks to its diminutive 4.2-inch size. Its vibration-resistant capsule (derived from Lauten’s award-winning Synergy Series of mics) enables the Snare Mic to feel right at home on either a mic stand or your snare drum’s rim. Plus, a solid brass headframe with mildew-resistant dust filter protects the Snare Mic from stick hits, wood shavings and splinters from drumsticks, dust, and other debris.
Lauten Audio Snare Mic Large-diaphragm FET Condenser Mic Features:
- The world’s first and only FET condenser microphone custom-designed specifically to capture snare drums
- 28dB of off-axis rejection provides excellent snare separation
- 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response captures your drum’s every detail
- More than 135dB of Max SPL handling accommodates the hardest of hitters
- 4.2-inch size can be used on the densest of drum sets
- Ideal for mounting both stand and rim thanks to vibrant-resistant capsule (based on Lauten’s award-winning Synergy Series)
- Solid brass headframe plus mildew-resistant dust filter safeguards against stick hits, wood shavings, and other debris
- 80Hz Low Cut: Reduces bleed from bass drums and toms
- 140Hz Low Cut: Preserves your drum’s fundamental frequency while significantly reducing bleed and phase issues from bass drums and toms
- 5kHz High Cut: Greatly minimizes bleed from cymbals and onstage volume plus introduces a slight bump from 5-7kHz immediately followed by 7kHz drop-off
- 12kHz High Cut: Provides a dynamic microphone-style sound. Dips after 7kHz to reduce cymbal bleed while providing natural snare sound with a soft bump from 12kHz-15kHz
- Flat Low Cut and Flat High Cut settings allow all frequency information to pass
STL Pro Audio is the authorised distributor for Lauten Audio in NZ.