API 550B - Legendary 500 Series Discrete 4 Band E.Q
Based on API's original 550 from the late '60s, the API 550b is a continuation of the EQ that played a major role in the history of music recording, but with an additional filter band and several new frequencies. Incorporating API's exclusive circuitry and proprietary components (such as the legendary API 2520 Op Amp), the 550b artfully blends the past with the present. So many hit records still depend on the unique 550 sound that engineers around the world find it to be an invaluable tool. In fact, the 550b design has been taken from the original blue prints and spec control drawings from the API archives. It is unlike any other EQ you will ever use.
- Four bands of our famous sounding equalization
- Each band offers seven API selected frequency centers
- Reciprocal and repeatable filtering
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- EQ band 1 and 4 offer shelf/peak switching
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- High headroom +30 dB clip level
- Re-issue of 1967 API 550 EQ with an extra band
See here for full specifications.
STL Pro Audio is extremely proud to be an authorised reseller for API Audio.
Customers also viewed