Slate Digital ML-2 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone for Use with Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone System
Make It Sound like Any Classic Mic You Want
As part of Slate Digital's Virtual Microphone System, the ML-2 small-diaphragm modeling microphone is your gateway to the sound of legendary microphones used on classic recordings. This ultra-linear, sonically neutral microphone captures even the loudest sound sources with clinical precision — the perfect blank canvas to use with Slate Digital's microphone emulations. Its compact size allows you to place the Slate Digital ML-2 in tighter spots than you can with their ML-1 large-diaphragm mic, but gives you the same sonic flexibility during tracking and mixdown when used with a Slate Digital software.
Built-in mod switch allows you to record loud sources with zero distortion
Recording engineers know most small-diaphragm mics will audibly distort in front of loud sound sources, but the Slate Digital ML-2 modeling mic has a built-in modification to get around that reality of physics. Flipping the switch simultaneously pads the input circuit as well as re-polarizes the capsule. This gives you the additional headroom you need to record louder sources like close-miked drums without distortion.
Included Microphone Models:
- S-57 Vintage
- S-Custom Snare
- S-57 Modern
- S-Custom Tom
- S-414 Normal
- S-414 Dynamic
- S-Custom Kick
- S-121 Normal
- S-121 Dynamic
Slate Digital ML-2 Small-diaphragm Modeling Microphone Features:
- Ultra-linear, sonically neutral condenser microphone
- Combine with Slate Digital VMS-One mic preamplifier and mic/preamp modeling software
- Pad switch also repolarizes the mic capsule, greatly enhancing headroom for loud sound sources
- Compact design fits in tight spaces such as over toms and inside pianos
- Gives you more control over your recorded sounds during mixdown
- Includes Single License for VMC "Classic Instruments"
STL Pro Audio is the exclusive Slate Digital distributor in New Zealand, so purchase with confidence.