WesAudio Hyperion NG500 Stereo Analog EQ with Digital Recall
Next-gen 500 Series EQ
The WesAudio Hyperion is a 500 Series stereo/dual-mono/mid–side 4-band analog EQ with digital recall that gives you complete control via its companion plug-in. Connectivity to your computer is handled via a front-panel USB port — or by a special rear-panel connector — that allows it to communicate with its free companion plug-in for complete control and automation within your DAW. A member of the company's ng500 product line, Hyperion features a special connector (an extension of the standard connector found on all 500 Series modules), that allows it to mate with WesAudio's _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis. It also works in most standard 500 Series racks. Aside from its total recall capabilities, Hyperion offers extensive flexibility for sculpting your sound.
Formidable sound-sculpting prowess
Hyperion offers a host of innovations that put it firmly on pro audio's cutting-edge. Boasting an onboard control set that supports extensive sound-sculpting flexibility, the faceplate is fitted with 12 touch-sensitive encoders allowing for automation of each parameter. Hyperion features proprietary analog circuit control that eliminates glitches and artifacts due to encoder movement, allowing for full automation without unwelcome side effects. The HF (which extends to 25kHz) and LF bands are selectable between Bell and Shelf modes. The high-mid and low-mid bands are equipped with variable Q. Hyperion's highpass filter has two modes: Normal (which is quite narrow) and Soft. Each band is fitted with individual bypass switches.
If the feature set ended there, Hyperion would still be a formidable studio tool. But the innovations continue with a THD control, switchable between Medium and High settings, that warms up your signal with tasty vintage-flavored even-order harmonics, A/B presets for easy wet/dry signal comparisons, and more. And here's where Hyperion really breaks away from the pack, offering full control and automation via its free companion plug-in, with connection to your computer handled by a front-panel USB jack, or via WesAudio's _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis.
Total recall with ng500
WesAudio, a company masterminded by Radoslaw Wesolowski and headquartered in Poland, is spearheading an initiative they call ng500. The "ng" stands for next-generation. The company's ng500 product line starts with 500 Series modules that have a special connector, an extension of the standard connector found on all 500 Series modules. The extra pins on the extended connector mate with receiver connectors in WesAudio's _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis. On its rear panel, the _TITAN is fitted with a USB jack for connection to your computer, as well as Ethernet for networked setups. All ng500-compatible modules in the rack will be able to communicate with your computer via a single data cable. Each module includes free downloadable software that appears in your DAW session as a standard plug-in and lets you control your analog hardware with software precision. Every setting and automation move is saved along with your DAW session file.
Works in most standard 500 Series racks
You don't need a _TITAN to use Hyperion; ng500 modules are fully functional in most standard 500 Series racks. Each module features a front-panel USB connection you can connect to your computer for use with its respective companion plug-in for total control over one module at a time. But with the _TITAN ng500 Recall Chassis, you have complete control over all mounted modules.
- Not standalone — requires compatible 500 Series chassis/power supply
- ng500 compatible with full support for WesAudio's _TITAN Recall Chassis
- Fully analog stereo/dual-mono/mid–side 4-band analog EQ with highpass filter and digital recall
- Innovative analog circuit control eliminates glitches and artifacts due to pot movement
- Because knob movement causes no noise, full automation is feasible without side effects
- 12 touch-sensitive encoders allow for automation of each parameter
- High filter with selectable Bell and Shelf modes, highest frequency extends to 25kHz
- Low filter with selectable Bell and Shelf modes
- High-mid and Low-mid with variable Q
- HPF with two modes: Normal (very narrow) and Soft
- Individual bypass for each band
- THD with two modes: Medium and High
- Two gain modes: ±5dB and ±15dB
- A/B presets
- Full plug-in control with 2 plug-in instances:
- Stereo: stereo plug-in to manage all modes of the unit: Dual-mono/Stereo/M-S
- Mono: 2 mono instances can connect to one hardware unit, with the two sides completely independent
- Fully parametric GUI for easy unit management
- Plug-in VU metering for input and output, plus Clip Detection
Customers also viewed