WesAudio - ngLEVELER Next Generation Leveler
Shipping Late March, numbers are limited so please contact us or place your order here to secure yours now.
ngLEVELER – “Next generation Leveler” is analog automation system with convenient features for better studio integration. Besides its automation engine it also brings analog saturation per each channel which helps tracks to get more presence in the mix. ngLEVELER doesn’t have any controls, it is either managable via:
– DAW Plug-in
– HUI controller
– Or both
For full details please see the WesAudio site here:
1. Summing stage automation
ngLEVELER can be integrated in any spot in analog chain which requires signal level management or automation. One of such situation is level management or automation of signal which goes out from our outboard gear to the summing stage. This gives us few very important benefits:
- POST Compression automation or level management – changing signal level which goes out from our converter (DAW automation) will cause our compressor to behave differently. This makes it impossible to automate, and is quite problematic situation to handle even with simple signal level balance changes. In this setup we can keep our summing stage signal level at same level, and leave automation and signal level management to ngLEVELER so it can be easily recalled upon session load!
- OUT signal management and automation – all outboard gear have a sweet spot which usually depends on a signal level which comes in. In most cases we don’t want to automate signal going in, but signal which goes out from the device. With ngLEVELER we can easily manage this signal:
- not to clip next analog stage,
- Or automate it when needed!
1.1. Example 1 – Summing automation/level management
1.2. Example 2 – Summing mixer/Console insert points automation
1.3. Example 3 – Summing mixer/Console groups insert points automation
2. Any analog outboard automation
In this particular example, ngLEVELER is integrated between each analog outboard process input, and output, of course it can be configured only to output, or only to input if needed. ngLEVELER allows us to work with very hot signals where many audio interfaces can’t deal with. Benefits:
- Precise level management of signal going IN and OUT,
- High level signal support of outboard OUT signal (ngLEVELER +24dBU and 6dB PAD) allows us to properly tune signal going in to our A/D converter.
4. Analog outboard drive
In this scenario we can configure our stereo processing before and after outboard gear, and link those channels in an opposite way. So while increasing level on the input of our outboard processor, it will automatically decrease on its output before hitting further stage. So we can easily find a sweet spot of our processor which can be fairly high for some vintage gear.
5. Recording session management
Studios of each size need some centerpiece which will help to manage recording and mixing session. Using ngLeveler in such situations, allows to precisely set levels which will hit A/D converter, add some analog saturation, and using “Solo and Mute” buttons manage our sessions with ease. Benefits:
- Signal level management going IN to A/D converter, with ngLEVELER 6dB PAD and +24dBu of headroom, it is very easy to support very hot signals coming from our microphone preamplifiers.
- Each session level signals can be easily recall upon session load!
Main features summary:
16 channels of analog automation with total recall
+24dBu of headroom
6dB passive attenuator (PAD) for better integration with high level signals
Very low noise and distortion – THD+N < 0.01%
MUTE and SOLO for each channel
HUI controllers integration
16 channels of Proprietary THD
IN and OUT (before and after signal leveling) metering fully integrated with DAW plug-in
Flexible DAW/Live plug-in control for instant recall
DB-25 analog connectivity
Management via Ethernet or USB
Full automation record via HUI
Free software and firmware upgrades
Watch this video to hear how incredible the WesAudio _Hyperion sounds, how it interfaces via their plugin to the hardware and great the GUI looks. This video is a screen capture of a play through an unmastered mix with the _HYPERION. We cycle through engaged and disengage, the two THD settings, and then the different EQ options. The plugin (or hardware) can write automation to your DAW which will then play back into the hardware every time. So in effect you can automate the hardware to suit your track down to very finest detail. This is then fully recallable with your session. This is an incredible feature. We try to show this by showing the automation being written in real time in the video. Follow the cursor/mouse to see what is being engaged/disengaged. The _HYPERION sounds incredible and has a magic about the way it brings a mix to life, watch and listen for yourself! The _HYPERION can be purchased here in NZ: https://www.stlproaudio.co.nz/wesaudio-hyperion-ng500-stereo-eq-with-digital-recall/ All WesAudio products can be purchased here in NZ: https://www.stlproaudio.co.nz/wes-audio/ Big thanks to The New Brides for the use of their song 'Record' off their self titled E.P. Produced, Recorded and Mixed by Troy Kelly at The Armoury, Wellington NZ. https://www.facebook.com/thenewbrides/ Thanks for watching another STL Audio video demo.
WesAudio _HYP...Watch this video to hear how incredible the WesAudio _Hyperion...